The Cyber Defense Center at Parker University provides students and the community an opportunity to advance their education; gain new experiences; network with peers, industry professionals and potential employers; and build new skills through a variety of activities including on- and off-campus workshops, regional and national competitions and more. The Cyber Defense Center is actively involved in the community and seeks to formulate new cyber defense concepts that help to protect our local community and nation’s citizens. Below are our upcoming and previous projects and activities:
- Texas Jr. Wrangler Cyber Security Summer Camps (Grades 9 through 12). Contact Dr. Themba Ngwenya at Ngwenya@parker.edu for more information, the course schedule, and to register. Free for High School Students. Cyber-Summer Camp Flyer
- CIS/Cybersecurity Open House Saturday, July 14, 2018 @ 9am. Parker University…Follow Signs for Parking.
- Join the Student Cyberdefense Team at Parker University. This team meets monthly to discuss Cyber Current events and to engage in cyber defense activities. Contact Coleman McKoy at CMcKoy@parker.edu.
- The National Cybersecurity Student Association Meeting will be held May 17th @ 6:30 Pm in the N106 Conference room. Contact Mayra.Quezada@parker.edu to RSVP.
- Signup for free Certification Preparation Workshops hosted by Parker University (Faculty Sponsors – Shena Young & Frankie Lloyd)
- Lunch & Learn – Cyber Security & Industrial Control Systems Free Event May 31 at 3:00pm
- Parker University CIS/Cybersecurity Open House Saturday, July 14, 2018 @ 9am. Parker University…Follow Signs for Parking. (Hosted by Parker University’s Admissions Department)
- Signup for the Dallas Cyber Security Conference, December 5, 2018
- CFO’s & Cyber Security: Getting Control Back & Understanding True Costs Free Event May 31, 11:30am.
- DFW Presents: Cyber Aware Dallas Free Event October 19, 2018.
- Paralegal Student Association Meeting April 21, 2018
Presenter Dr. Themba Ngwenya – Topic (Cybercrime & Criminal Justice) PSA Meeting Flyer
- DFW Cyber DFW Cyber Awareness Webinar 4.17.18
- DCCD Criminal Justice Department Virtual Cyber Competition April 19, 2018. Parker University received 2nd Place. DCCCD Cybercrime Challenge 4.19.18
- Cybersecurity Jeapardy Challenge in BCIS 2322 on April 17, 2018. BCIS 2322 Cybersecurity Jeapardy Challenge
- FTHCM Youth Department Cyber Security Presentation/Recruiting Event April 10, 2018 Presenter – Dr. Themba Ngwenya (CIS Director)
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education March 15-17 – Presenter – Dr. Themba Ngwenya (CIS Director)
- Parker University CIS/Cybersecurity Open House Presentation March 24, 2017 Presenter – Dr. Themba Ngwenya (CIS Director)
- 6th Annual Criminal Justice Conference Cyber Presentation/Recruiting Event May 19, 2017 – Coleman McCoy (Faculty) & Roxanne Kemp (Dean)
- El Centro Criminal Justice Advisory Board Meeting October 16, 2017 – Chair – Dr. Themba Ngwenya (CIS Director)
- CIS Advisory Board Meeting August 18, 2017 – Dr. Themba Ngwenya (CIS Director) & Roxanne Kemp (Dean)
- YMCA Teen Summit CIS/Cybersecurity Presentation/Recruiting Event April 29, 2017 Presenter – Colemen McCoy (Faculty)
- Cybersecurity Awareness Presentation to Speech Communication Students at parker University April 9, 2018 Presenter – Jason Harper (Dean)
- Student Cyber Defense Competition being hosted by Parker University April 12, 2018 6:30 -10:30pm. Contact Floyd@parker.edu
- DCCD Criminal Justice Department Virtual Cyber Competition. Parker University placed 2nd. Our Cyber Security student, Kevin Kemp placed 2nd. DCCCD Cybercrime Challenge 4.19.18
- Future Identities of the Self among Learners Across Physical and Virtual Spaces, IGI Global, 2017 – Dr. Themba Ngwenya
- Mitigating Vulnerability Risks in Cybersecurity using Predictive Measures (IJASRD), October 2017 – Dr. Richmond Adebiaye
- Schemes for Distributed Computing Environment Based on Cloud Computing Technology for Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources (MRMWR), January 2017 – Dr. Richmond Adebiaye
- Perspectives for Cyber-Deterrence: A Quantitative Analysis of Cyber Threats and Attacks on Consumers, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), August 2016 – Dr. Richmond Adebiaye
- Consumer Perspectives Relative to Interpreting e-Commerce Acceptance in UAE , American Journal of Information Systems (AJIS), 2016 – Dr. Richmond Adebiaye